Nonprofit correspondence samples
See sample cover letters and thank-you notes that are appropriate to send to nonprofit employers.
Make contact with these nonprofit cover letter samples.
Need examples for how to correspond with a contact in the nonprofit sector? Check out these sample cover letters and sample interview thank-you notes (in PDF format) from Jobs and Careers with Non-Profit Organizations by Ron and Caryl Krannich.
And if you need more tips, the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you craft a cover letter and resume that can get you noticed by nonprofit organizations.
Are you looking for a job at a nonprofit? Join Monster today. You can upload up to five versions of your resume and cover letter. Recruiters search Monster every day looking to fill the top openings at nonprofit organizations with excellent candidates just like you.
Community Support Worker Cover Letter
Community Support Workers work with disadvantaged people and help them improve their quality of life. These professionals also liaise between the community and local authorities. Typical work activities of a Community Support Worker are identifying community issues and needs, raising public awareness on these problems, raising funds for different causes, managing paid and voluntary staff, preparing reports, setting up new community services, and organizing activities for community groups.
Those interested in a Community Support Worker should be able to showcase the following skills in their cover letters:
- Training in social sciences, social work, or psychology
- Experience working with communities
- Being able to interact with people from multiple backgrounds
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Excellent listening skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- An empathetic personality
Comparable Community Support Worker qualifications can be seen in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Community Support Worker Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Burnham:
Upon learning of your need for a Community Support Worker to join your staff at the Horizon Community Coalition, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. My experience in providing rehabilitative support and resource coordination—as well as my comprehensive education and training in psychology, sociology, and crisis intervention—give me confidence in my ability to significantly benefit your organization.
My background in social support, service coordination, and operational leadership has prepared me to excel in this capacity. My communication strengths, coupled with my ability to quickly connect with individuals and establish trusting relationships, position me to thrive in this challenging role.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Thriving in a challenging and high-pressure role as a Support Worker with the Domestic Violence Victim’s Shelter, assisting women who have been victims of domestic assault in accessing relevant support programs, navigating the legal system, and developing Individual Resiliency Plans.
- Performing initial client assessments, facilitating wrap-around services, coordinating resource team meetings, and developing crisis plans.
- Completing comprehensive training program in crisis intervention to advance skills and education; holding a Bachelor of Arts degree with a double major in Psychology and Sociology.
- Utilizing superior organizational and interpersonal abilities to provide optimal solutions and support in difficult situations.
- Demonstrating outstanding program and project management skills, as well as the ability to motivate and lead goal-focused teams.
With my previous experience and education, complemented by my fervent interest in providing critical assistance to clients in need, I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. The opportunity to discuss the position in further detail would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration.
Molly H. Hayes